Hi, I'm Martin. I work for Jisc in the UK as a Futurist - here's my work home page. We run shared services for around 18 million people at UK universities and colleges, schools and the wider public sector - like the Janet network, JiscMail, eduroam and govroam
Right now I'm mainly looking at the potential for research and education of AR, VR, AI, ML and other Two Letter Acronyms. Read on to find out more, and do get in touch if you're interested in collaborating ;-)
You'll find recordings of my talks and tech demos, unboxings and walk throughs on my YouTube channel
Read our latest horizon scanning reports on the Technology Foresight blog
Here's a selection of media clippings of articles I've written and interviews I've given. I'm always interested speaking to journalists about the work we do at Jisc - please do drop me a line directly or contact the Jisc press team
- TES - Cheating 2.0: Beware the darker side of AI
- Nature - Could Bitcoin technology help science?
- The Big Issue: Welcome to the future: the tech we can expect in 2018
- Wired UK - Krack has broken Wi-Fi security... but it's not all doom and gloom
- Times Higher Education - Education technology: what does 2018 have in store?
- TES FE News - FE needs to foster and nurture the maker, hacker and tinkerer
- Education Technology - Essential edtech for 2017
- CIO UK - How to choose the right cloud services for your organisation
- Academy Today - Future classroom will be virtual and taught by robots
- University Business - What's next in wearable tech for research and education?
- EDUCAUSE Review - A Year of Living in the Future
- Class Central - What European Leaders in EdTech Think of the State of MOOCs